The Summer Law Intern Program provides diverse high school students the opportunity to experience the daily legal workplace of private law firms, corporate law divisions or governmental agencies. Interns are required to work a total of 60 hours during the summer program, which will take place June 6 - July 1, 2022.
For over 10 years, the Memphis Bar Association has sponsored the Summer Law Intern Program, which seeks to develop and nurture an interest in the legal profession among young people from underrepresented groups. Students accepted into the program are placed in law firms, corporate legal departments, or government agencies and are required to work a total of 60 hours. Upon successful completion of the internship, they will receive a $500 stipend.
- minority high school students in good standing
- must have completed the 9th grade by August 2022
- must attend a high school in Shelby County, TN
- Must be available to work a total of 60 hours during the program
- Applicants previously accepted into the program are not eligible
Application deadline is Monday, March 14, 2022.